Re: Patch: x86 makefiles and assembly rules

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 20:34:05 EST

Proofread.
Tested.
Recommended for inclusion.

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<mailto:mec@shout.net>
"love without fear"

rmk> Here is some more of the patch for the assembly rule migration. This
rmk> time, it covers just the x86 makefiles. As you can see, to enable
rmk> the new rules, we need to set USE_STANDARD_AS_RULE to be "true", and
rmk> any extra flags that the old rule was using must be included into
rmk> EXTRA_AFLAGS. If we have any extra per-file flags, they go into
rmk> AFLAGS_name_of_object.o, just like EXTRA_CFLAGS/CFLAGS_name.o.