Queries re: >test5

From: Mike (mike@redtux.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 19:23:01 EST

I have two fairly trivial questions to ask
since I copled test6 my system refuses to reboot.
It finishes shutdown but then gives the following approc
cannot umount /
cannot umount /dev
cannot umount /dev
(I am using devfs which sees to be workng fine except for the next
question)
2. Mounting a pp zp drive
Runing a modified RH6.1 I have compled Scsi and iomega zip 100 (ppa and
imm) support as modules.
However the device for the zip drive (as per the howto /dev/sda4) does not
exist
Under my stock kernel there is not a problem - anyone any ideas.

I have upgraded my packages apart from util-linux (which insists on
glibc2.2 which does not exist as yet)

I know these are fairly trivial problems but have trawled through various
howtos, google and the kernel docs and not found a clue.

--
Microsoft(tm) - a particularly nasty virus affecting majority of PC's
Vaccinate with Linux ASAP!!