Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on

From: Mark Kettenis (kettenis@wins.uva.nl)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 09:19:09 EST

   Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 07:10:32 -0700
   From: Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@sfgoth.com>

> The requirement makes sense to me, from a
> user standpoint.

   It would make the most sense for it to just surplant the thread that
   called it, I think. I don't see what the value of having all the
   other theads asyncronously disappear is.

How would you implement process id inheritance? I'm pretty sure
that's demanded by POSIX ever since 1998.

And for 1:N thread libraries it is unavoidable.

Mark