Re: Driver for the :Cue:Cat barcode reader

From: Michael Rothwell (rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 01:42:59 EST

pierre@lineo.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I picked up my free CueCat reader at RadioShack the other day, so I
> wrote a small driver for it based on Andrew Stellman's perl script. It's
> available at :
>
> ftp://oss.lineo.com/drivers/cuecat-0.0.1.tar.gz

I've got a larger decoer matrix in my program at

http://www.flyingbuttmonkeys.com/~rothwell/

if you want to include it.

I have not been able to figure out the real scancode pattern,
if there actually is one, so I've had to create a large and
elaborate lookup table.

It seems to work, however. The books, coke cans, UPS packages, etc.
that I've tried it on seem to scan correctly. If you try it and
have a problem or incorrect scan, let me know.

-M