Re: where can I get kmod ?

From: Helge Hafting (helgehaf@idb.hist.no)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 06:29:17 EST

Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:

> I read in Documentation/kmod.txt that kmod is preferred over kerneld, is
> 'kmod' a part of the linux kernel or is it a separate program

It is a part of the kernel. When you configure your kernel, (make
menuconfig)
go into the "Loadable module support" menu. Select
"Enable loadable module support" and "Kernel module loader", the latter
one
is kmod.

kmod will be compiled into the kernel, there is no extra module for it.
You'll want to have modutils installed of course.

Helge Hafting