Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on

From: G.W. Wettstein (greg@wind.enjellic.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:40:40 EST

On Aug 23, 9:21pm, Alan Cox wrote:
} Subject: Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than o

> > I do correct myself - there is one thing in UW7 that is definitely worth
> > using under Linux - the VERITAS vxfs journalling filesystem, i.e. ;)

> When it becomes open source maybe. Until then I think XFS, Reiserfs etc over
> LVM and software raid look way more appealing

Could anybody point me, even remotely, to a pair of LVM and Linux
software raid patches for 2.2.1[67] that don't tromp all over one
another down in ll_rw_block.c?

Extra bonus points for a verson of LVM for 2.2.x that implements
8final and its kernel protocol.

}-- End of excerpt from Alan Cox

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D. Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave. Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND 58102 development.
PH: 701-281-4950 WWW: http://www.enjellic.com
FAX: 701-281-3949 EMAIL: greg@enjellic.com