Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 12:35:35 EST

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> Just remember, Caldera is a LINUX company -- they will take the
> best of both, and use it to improve Linux ....
>
> :-)

Hi Jeff,

Good stuff, but what I am still wondering is whethere is indeed anything
in UnixWare (or any other commercial UNIX) that can be used to improve
Linux. Pray do tell us, what do you think such areas might be?

At the moment, I can't think of any, and I did work as a UnixWare7 kernel
escalations engineer for 2 years :)

Regards,
Tigran