Re: emu10k1 TONE_CONTROL

From: Rui Sousa (rsousa@grad.physics.sunysb.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 07:26:59 EST

Jan Niehusmann wrote:

> The emu10k1 driver in 2.4.0test7-pre[4-7] is missing a TONE_CONTROL
> define in the Makefile. That's why the emu10k1 mixer doesn't have bass
> and treble controls with current kernels.
>
> Something like CFLAGS += -DTONE_CONTROL should be added to the Makefile.

The bass/treble controls are working poorly (introducing a lot of
distortion and clipping), that's why I decided not to enable them by default.

I'm working on a tool to let anyone select which "goodies" they want loaded
into the driver, so the situation should improve soon. This means
sound effects (like the bass and treble).

Rui Sousa