Unresolved symbol on 2.2.14

From: Jens Petersohn (jkp@mccoy.penguinpowered.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 15:32:13 EST

Hi,

I've been running 2.2.14 for a while with the aic7xxx, sg and st drivers
compiled into the kernel. Recently I've tried to build a kernel with
those drivers as a module because I need to experiment with the aic7xxx
driver to track down another bug that I'm running into.

I performed a make clean; make dep; make bzImage; make modules and
rebooted the system with the new kernel. When I try to insmod the
aic7xxx driver, I get the following errors:

aic7xxx.o: unresolved symbol best_memcpy
aic7xxx.o: unresolved symbol best_memset

I've attached the output from ver_linux and the .config file to this
message. From what I can tell the best_* functions aren't modularized
anyways. The driver version is 5.1.31. It builds and runs fine when
compiled into the kernel (other than the other problem I've been chasing).

Thanks,

Jens Petersohn

--
   "We are Microsoft. UNIX is irrelevant.  OS/2 is irrelevant. Openness
    is futile.  Prepare to be assimilated."