Re: Further info on CDR-writing problems under 2.2.16

From: Mark Cooke (mpc@star.sr.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 19:07:18 EST

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Adrian Baugh wrote:

> As promised, here is more information on the CDR-writing problem I've
> been having with 2.2.16. ATAPI CDR using SCSI-generic compiled in, also
> an Adaptec AIC7895 with a couple of hard disks on, also compiled in. The
> system is SMP (dual P2) and the kernel is patched with the new i2c and
> lm_sensors patches, also the international kernel and secure-linux patch.

Hi Adrian, all,

Just a 'me too' I'm afraid. I have a HP7100i, ATAPI, using ide-scsi,
cdrecord 1.8 / 1.8.1 or 1.9 returns unsupported request for me too.
Currently running 2.2.17pre16 with rather a lot of additional patches
including new i2c / resier / lmsensors / crypto / usb backport / alsa.

My system is also smp.

I've been holding off a report until I made time to backtrace to the
last kernel that worked, but as Adrian posted, I thought I'd chip in
too.

Checking my logs, I saw an 'unsupported command in request queue(0)'
back on July 5th... which was 2.2.17pre7. That one will have had
i2c/lm/alsa patched in at least.

Best regards,

Mark