Re: linux-2.4-test & innd

From: Mike Civil (mike@duncodin.org)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 14:37:12 EST

Just to say me too.

Noticed this some time (ie months) ago in the 2.4 series, haven't had
time to track it down but had assumed it was likely to be my setup due
to lack of anyone else shouting.

Traced it down to active file not being updated resulting in inn getting
it's hi-lo item nos totally screwed on a restart. Often resulted in new
items being assigned nos for items that already existed and big holes in
nos when a renumber was run at expire time.

Quick hacky workaround by running ctlinnd renumber "" after each start of
rc.news. This isn't a fix - my active file hasn't been updated since 6/8.

Running inn 2.2.3.

Mike

--
Mike Civil                        Home  : mike@duncodin.org