eth0: Something Wicked happened

From: A. Hook (ahook@peel.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 19:21:36 EST

Hello all. I am not subscribed to this list so if you could cc me or
respond to me directly I would appreciate it.

Ok here is the situation, my web server just crashed with the following
scrolling on the screen:
Something Wicked happened!
and in my /var/log/messages file I see this repeated over and over:
Aug 10 10:50:09 www3 kernel: eth0: Something Wicked happened! 000a.
Aug 10 10:50:09 www3 kernel: eth0: Something Wicked happened! 0009.
right before the machine crashed. I haven't paid much attention to the
messages log because nothing has really happened to this machine but
looking back through some of the older (rotated) messages logs it looks
like this has been going on for quite some time.

I only have one NIC but I have 2 IPs attached to it. The NIC is a
D-Link 530TX. I have seen this discussed in the mail archives but I
haven't found the solution yet. Could somebody help me or point me in
the right direction? Or should I just pop an additional NIC in the
machine and bind the 2nd IP to that 2nd NIC?

I am using Red Hat 6.2 with kernel version 2.2.14-5.0smp. The machine
only functions as a web server. Everything that I don't need is turned
off. I.e. I have an FTP daemon, ssh, apache and sendmail running and
that's it for the most part, no NFS no telnet etc...

I would be happy to send any copies of log files but I didn't want to
send an initial huge email. Thanx in advance.