Re: Definitions

From: Michael Rothwell (rothwell@office.ilan.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:53:23 EST

I think Redhat has done a stellar job of defending, supporting, developing
and distributing free (see GNU) software. I think they often wait for
three reasons:

(1) stability -- they don't want to update a lot of crap and break
everything too often

(2) licensing -- they support free software, particularly GPL software.

(3) standards -- they make minor kernel patches themselves, but typically
wait for a feature to be blessed before inclusing it, as opposed to
TurboLinux and SuSE.

-M