initrd & /linuxrc behavior

From: Sébastien Côté (scote1@Matrox.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 09:09:57 EST

Hi,

When you boot linux using initrd, /linuxrc gets started if, and only if,
the root= partion != the current root partition (/dev/ram0). IMHO this
is a bug, initrd's behavior should be consistent in each boot
situation. If there's a /linuxrc, run it each and every time !

Maybe there's a reason for such a behavior and in that case, I'd really
like to know it! In my case, I use /linuxrc to create /dev/console
before /sbin/init is started so I can see the output messages. So it's
an interesting feature (I know I could just replace init by a script
that would create /dev/console and then call the real init but since
/linuxrc exist, why not use it ?)

--
Sébastien Côté