Re: Fujutsu Hard Drives, joins Linux party.

From: Andreas Haumer (andreas@xss.co.at)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 03:41:43 EST

Hi!

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Re: Fujutsu Hard drives & Linux - problems (fwd)
>
> Message back from Fujutsu.

Wow!

As we just ordered a few more P5A boards (due to arrive by
the end of the week), and we still have those MPE3136AT
drives, we can run some more tests in the next 2 or 3 weeks
or so.

With the new P5A boards we don't have the exact same
conditions as with the machines where the problems occured,
but I think it's at least worth a try.

I'll send you a short notice when our testing equipment
is up and running. Is there any special test procedure
we can try (other than just stress-test the IDE subsystem)?

I can also send you the exact part-, serial- and revision-
number of the hard drives. For the P5A boards we only have
the serial-numbers documented, if that's of interest (for
more information we would have to dis-assemble our customers
machines, and I really would like to avoid that!), but I
can also send you the output of "lspci -vv"

- andreas

--
Andreas Haumer                     | mailto:andreas@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme              | http://www.xss.co.at/