Re: Strange TCP/IP problem?

From: Kirk Smith (smithk@biotronik.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 12:04:33 EST

I have had similiar problems but with ne2000 pci cards. The key
seems to be three ethernet cards. If I use two cards I didn't see
the problem (but I only ran it for 10 minutes or so). But with three
cards the system hangs when issuing an route request "route" or
listing
the ipchain rules "ipchains -L"

When in this state, the box would masquarade out to the internet
for the private machines correctly, but wouldn't respond to an
external PING request, or allow a connection to SSH deamon.

taking one of the ethernet connections up and then back down
tends to (but not always) correct the problem.

On 3 Aug 00, at 22:50, Ben Greear wrote:

> I've been running 8-hour+ traffic runs on RTL-8139 10/100
ethernet cards