Support for HP NetRAID w/ megaraid

From: Oliver Antwerpen (antwerpen@netsquare.org)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 04:14:10 EST

Hi folks,

this is my first question, so if I go wrong somehow -> point me!

I actually try to install linux (SuSE 6.4) on a HP LPr and HP
LH3000, both with HP NetRAID3si, which is an AMI MegaRaid OEM.
I never had any problems with older SusEs and other Netraids. SuSE
uses Kernel 2.2.14. I can load the megaraid module prior to
installation and it sees my controller and my Raidset. I can also
create partitions and all, but when I try to format them, I get a
scsi-timeout in messages and it hangs. The mkfs-process cannot be
killed. I tried this several times and just yesterday also with a
slackware7.1. I did not evaluate slackware much and used this for
the first time, but it also hangs when making filesystems.
Any suggestions?

Olli