Re: [off-topic] BP6/HPT-366 problems? [Was: Dual athlon support?]

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 14:30:04 EST

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> > That is not my fault, use one that supports all of ATA!
> > Not just half-arse mamby-pamby bios based failures.
>
> The point is.. Someone asked what they needed to safely use the BP6. For
> most users, that means a distro kernel.

This is what I stated, maybe someday the rest of the distros will get with
it and support that which is widely used and expected now.
Until then you have to patch, development kernels, or use SuSE.

If there are other distros like Turbo (I think they are using it now), and
one other in Europe that was the first before SuSE.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy