Re: eth0: card reports no resources

From: Jon Mitchell (jrm@freedom.swc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 07:15:02 EST

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:30:05AM +0100, Martin Brooks wrote:
> At 13:09 01-08-2000 +0400, Victor wrote:
> >Linux 2.2.16, EExpress100,
> >System randomly slows down network response.
> >Btw, on 2.2.14 all is ok
>
> I've have exactly the same issue at the moment with 2.2.16
>
> The box was migrated from 2.2.14 directly to 2.2.16 and, according to the
> logs, this has only appeared since I upgraded. Has anyone noticed this on
> a uniprocessor box?

There are some workarounds available for the problem with the eepro100
(which yes, also affects uniprocessor boxs) according to the author,
however none of these is even in the prerelease series as I expect he is
waiting until he has a true fix. In the meantime, I am using Donald
Becker's version 1.10a of the driver, available from www.scyld.com, with
no problems.

--
Jon Mitchell
Systems Engineer, Subject Wills & Company