Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 15:06:03 EST

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> On 31 Jul 2000, Kai Henningsen wrote:
>
> > pollard@tomcat.admin.navo.hpc.mil (Jesse Pollard) wrote on 27.07.00 in <200007271531.KAA89926@tomcat.admin.navo.hpc.mil>:
> >
> > > Might I suggest creating a "/lib/include" that works something like
> > > the /lib/modules where the kernel name is used to generate the directory
> > > for the kernel include files?
> > >
> > > That way the "uname -r" command could be used to set a symbolic link
> > > to point to the correct include files at boot time (or install time).
> >
> > Correct for what?

<snip>

> Why would anybody change this? I fear that this is another of those;
> "It doesn't have to be better, only different..." things that have
> been going around.

Well, I suspect that there is an issue for driver authors/maintainers,
but haven't figured out quite what that issue is. Why does it matter?

I really couldn't care less where headers officially live.. as long as
it's possiblle [preferably easy] to maintain them where _I_ want them.
(and that is nowhere near /)

        -Mike