RE: Ethernet driver for National Semiconductor DP83815 for linux-2.2.16

From: Ian S. Nelson (ian.nelson@echostar.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 11:39:38 EST

>Alan,
>
> Thank you very much for your review of the linux-2.2.16
>National Semiconductor dp83815 ethernet driver patch that I received
>and forwarded to linux-kernel. I was not aware that Don Becker had
>written a driver for this chip, as I did not see any mention of it
>on http://www.scyld.com/network/ beyond a hint at documentation
>availability problems for a similar sound National Semiconductor
>ethernet control ("Note: ISA boards based on the DP83800 are not
>supported due to the non-availability of documentation for this chip.").

Did you write this from scratch? I've got a DP83815 driver from National. It was written against
2.2.14 and I ported it to 2.4.0test-X

If you're working on the same driver I could give you my 2.4 patches. National wanted to take my
patches in-house, set up some kind of support structure and then finally let me submit the driver to
the kernel. I've got a lot of other work so I haven't been pushing it.

If Donald has written one too, that's kind of a bummer that NSC didn't get their crap together faster
and out the bloody driver.

Ian Nelson