Re: ORBS Elevator...

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 13:11:47 EST

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

>This is the first case where the "elevator" an be used as a strong boost.

I'm curious to see how much difference it will make. To try it out you
should tell us where are you going to store the geometry information. I
don't care of a real sane geometry API at the moment, just make an hack to
provide that info to the elevator layer (in a static variable as worse).
Then I or Jens can make a patch to make the elevator to use such
new information for the interesting HD instead of the blocknr.

I'm actually doing VM benchmarking, if you need that elevator change fast
you can ask Jens too (you can keep me in CC of course).

Andrea