Re: [patch] Re: ps/2 mouse (synaptics touchpad)

From: volodya@mindspring.com
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 10:20:45 EST

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > So the fix is to remove this code entirely - and then _both_ gpm and
> > Xserver work. (and no Xserver couldn't decipher bogus data either.
> > Apparently after each "reconnect" the kernel attempted to reset the mouse
> > - oh my..).
>
> Removing this code isnt the right answer

maybe :)

> > +#if 0
> > + else if((scancode == AUX_RECONNECT)){
> > queue->head = queue->tail = 0; /* Flush input queue */
> > aux_write_ack(AUX_ENABLE_DEV); /* ping the mouse :) */
> > return;
>
> Does it behave if you just drop the queue->head=queue->tail=0. Without the
> AUX_ENABLE_DEV writeback quite a few mice die the first time you use
> a keyboard/mouse switch

Unfortunately your suggestion does not work - I just tried it - and with a
good reason: if the code worked in the first place we would never go
inside that "if" at all (or, in other words, there should be no reconnect
events on a notebook while using bultin keyboard and mouse)

I haven't thought about keyboard switches, sorry.. Perhaps, for now, the
best alternative is an extra option in the kernel configuration "Support
for keyboard/mouse switches" with explanation that it breaks Synaptics
touchpads..

Is there any other way to determine reconnect event ?

                               Vladimir Dergachev