[ANN] Linux Device Driver Database -- for Driver Maintainers & Users

From: lk@datapower.com
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 18:55:19 EST

On linux-kernel, this is primarily of interest to Linux device
driver maintainers and authors. Linux Hardware Database
(LhD, http://www.linhardware.com) has a driver database of Linux
device drivers and hardware they support. For example, you can pull up
the tulip.c driver and display every Ethernet card it supports
(provided it is in our database), or pull up aic7xxx.c and see
its list of products. The actual maintainer of the driver can get
administrative access and add more information about the driver
or tie additional products to it.

For example:

http://www.linhardware.com/db/dispdriver.cgi?DISP?66 or
http://www.linhardware.com/db/dispdriver.cgi?DISP?65

Most everything else is either self-evident or explained on the
site. It would be great to get corrections and suggestions from
driver maintainers -- for now we try to find and link to the
driver homepage, if any, and credit the maintainer(s)
appropriately. Regular users are very happy just to have a place
where hardware components are listed with Linux driver info and
compatiblity ratings, but we want to provide more up-to-date info.

The driver database is accessible from the "DriverSearch" option
on the front page or through the driver display reached from a
product record. It is just a part of LhD -- if you have not seen
the site before, LhD has a large listing of PC hardware components
with compatibility ratings and workarounds from Linux users, as well
as device driver and resource information. The site has been around
for about a year and a half.

LhD Administrator
LhD: Linux Hardware Database
http://www.linhardware.com