test4 and test5 fail to boot for me (kswap related)...

From: jeff@ntcor.com
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 17:26:07 EST

Using RawHide (probably adds to the problem) with GCC 2.96

When I compile test4 everything compiles fine but when I boot
the test 4 kernel it hangs during the boot sequence just after
printing:
Starting kswapd v1.6

when I compile test5 everything compiles but the kernel dies
during the boot sequence doo to a dereferenced NULL pointer
just after kswap v1.7 is started.

It looks like kswap is undergoing some changes. I'm not able
to fix them but I'll add my $0.02 to indicate that is either
a) having infinite loops in 1.6 or
b) memory usage problems in 1.7

- Jeff