port redirection (for transparent proxy)

From: Michal Kosek (michau@nowa-huta.krakow.pl)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 06:18:06 EST

could you tell me why REDIRECT ipchains rule is restricted to input chain?
is it restriction made by ipchains or built into the kernel (I have no
time for looking at the source...:().
I have to put REDIRECT rule to packets going out of my host (their source
is my host, so the don't come through input chain). Can this problem be
easily solved? If not, are there any kernel patches for that?...

regards,
michau@