test5-pre5 -- Output not going to VT (append="console=ttyS2,115200 console=tty0").

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 01:42:45 EST

After reading the serial-console.txt info in linux/Documentation,
I added the append="console=ttyS2,115200 console=tty0" to my lilo
entry and reran lilo. Everything appears to work on the serial
port end, but all I get on the VT window is a few initial lines
of output about the kernel being decompressed and then I eventually
get a login prompt.

Am I doing something wrong or has this functionality been broken
in the development kernel?

Thankyou,

        Miles