Re: kernel 2.2.14

From: Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 09:34:05 EST

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:13:04 +0200, Evangelisa Hartmann wrote:
> I have Suse 6.4, kernel 2.2.14, und pc Xybernaut 133 mobile assistent,
> necessary setar the multicast in kernel
> -Unix domain sockets
> -TCP/IP networking
> -IP:multicasting
> -IP:tunneling
> -IP:multicast routing
> for this I reinstalled source of kernel (2.2.14), and qualified these
> packages, Now I have old kernel(in old kernel the network functions), and
> the new, both only that new kernel no obtains to read it modules xirc2ps_cs
> (the network no functions). The suse support, said that I no needed to
> install kernel, because multicasting is default, to only use ifconfig (old
> kernel), but no functions.

I use a Xircom CEM56 creditcard ethernet card, and using "ifconfig eth0
multicast" (not necessary) or "ifconfig eth0 allmulti" does the trick for
me. Read the ifconfig manual page to see what those options mean (man
ifconfig).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl