weired NE2K ether problem - help!

From: Jun Sun (jsun@mvista.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 22:34:44 EST

Hi,

I am having a really weired problem related to ether driver / PCI
subsystems. Any pointers are appreciated.

machine : MIPS, (little endian)
kernel : from MIPS CVS tree, v2.4.0-test2
ether : RTL 8029 (SMC EZNET-PCI, NE2k compatible)

I am attempting to boot the system through NFS root FS, however, I
failed to see any packet sent out from the board. What is strange is
that the board receives interrupts just fine. And each time the
ipconfig_bootp_send_if() sends out a bootp packet, it actually receives
transmit interrupt as well!

I trace the stack, everything seems fine. There is just no packet out.
Does anybody have a clue here? Or at least how should further probe the
problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jun