Re: [ANN] Linux Kernel Source Reference

From: Thomas Graichen (graichen@innominate.de)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 17:56:48 EST

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, David Schleef wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:36:42PM +0000, Thomas Graichen wrote:
> > i just want to let you all know that there is now a small public
> > service i just (half :-) finished setting up which i called
> >
> > The Linux Kernel Source Reference
> >
> > it's basically a cvs tree with all linux versions starting from
> > 1.0 until the latest one with a cvsweb www frontend and pserver
> > remote functionality on top of it ... this way you can easily
> > get or diff or whatever any ever released i(since 1.0 :-) version
> > of the linux kernel source ... just have a look at it at
> >
> > http://innominate.org/~graichen/projects/lksr/
> >
> > ... maybe you find it useful for studying the code, looking
> > at changes, encircling bugs or other things (maybe just using
> > cvs update instead of patching the kernel) ...
> >
> > all this is work in progress - so it will be more improved and
> > better documented soon and - if more people should use it - will
> > maybe get it's own machine (pserver access is limited to 5 parallel
> > sessions for now - but will be increased if required - so don't
> > give up and try it again some days later if it should always be
> > busy)
> >
> > if you find any problems or bugs in it or have ideas or
> > improvements feel free to mail me ... have fun
>

> Is the entire repository available to download as a tgz file?
>
> I've always wanted to have a CVS repository with all the kernel
> versions sitting locally so that it is relatively fast. Combine
> that with auto-updating when new kernels are released -- that
> would be kick-ass.

not yet - but i think somekind of rsync service for it would be
fine - will implement it as soon as i have time (within days
i hope)

thomas.graichen@innominate.de
technical director                                       innominate AG
clustering & security                                networking people
fon: +49.30.308806-13 fax: -77 web: http://innominate.de pgp: /pgp/tgr