Re: CML2 0.7.1 is available

From: Randy Dunlap (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 16:03:46 EST

Hi Eric,

esr@thyrsus.com wrote:

> Dunlap, Randy <randy.dunlap@intel.com>:
> > 1. In curses mode, I think that you should reverse
> > the meanings of 'q' and 'x' (a la vi).
>
> Are you sure they're reversed? :q in vi doesn't write out the current
> file, after all -- you have to do :wq for that. I was modeling the
> behavior on Berkeley mail.

I didn't say that 'q' wrote out anything. I was asking that 'q' and
'x' operate similar to vi, but now they operate exactly opposite from
vi.
In cmlconfigure, 'x' means exit and don't save. In vi, 'x' means
save & exit (or is a synonym for :wq ).
In cmlconfigure, 'q' means save & exit. In vi, 'q' means abort/quit
*right now*.

> > 2. Command line options for cmlconfigure:
> > Any options that take a file name should (or should not)
> > consistently have an intervening space between the
> > option and file name. I don't care which way it is,
> > just be consistent, please.
> > [-o filename -h filename -s filename,
> > but -ifilename -Ifilename]
>
> Doc bug. Fixed for 0.7.3.

Fixed where? I can't see that the web page(s) changed any.

> > I'll give you some feedback on USB configuration later.
>
> OK.
>
> > *: Normal users will probably want curses and tkinter options
> > enabled, but all that they should have to do is install
> > python, not do special configs of it.
>
> Hm. How did you manage to get a Python with tkinter configured out?
> All the distributions I know about have it in thestock version.

Maybe that's the answer then. I didn't get it from a distribution,
I downloaded it from a mirror listed at
www.python.org/download/download_source.html.

Thanks,
~Randy