Re: UDMA on WDC == (Re: 2.4.0-test4 Corrupt filesystems)

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 10:04:29 EST

Until they prove it and I have an ata-analyser to observe the traces, I
will not believe them. You know it is funny what you get to here and know
when you are a full voting member of NCITS-T13-AT-Attachemnt Standards
Committee. I believe the folks that I work with on the committee.
I also asked WDC point blank about the issue, and got a NOP answer.

They know that all they have to do is call me on my cell and tehy will get
me. So unless you are with WDC and will make a public counter statement
to the facts and submit proof, web-propaganda does not cut it for me.

Cheers,

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Roger Larsson wrote:

> Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Cy wrote:
> >
> > > Asus MES-N - beta bios version 1006.02
> > > Celeron 433
> > > 64MB memory
> > > Western Digital WD205AA
> >
> > How many FS's have to die before people quit trying to do UltraDMA on WDC
> > drives?
> >

> Read something at WDC site about this, summary:
> - Newer disks should be ok.
> - AC22100H are dependent on revision...
>
> /RogerL
>
> --