Re: Kernel panic with DLT tape

From: Reinhold Huber (rhuber@fs.tum.de)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 03:31:47 EST

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:15:25AM +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> Reinhold Huber wrote:
> > Any help with the problem is welcome, because I'd like to understand why
> > this happened. If you have more questions, please ask, I'll try to answer
> > them.
>
> What kernel version? Reply to the list. (I don't want to know).
> Roger.
> ** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2137555 **
> *-- BitWizard writes Linux device drivers for any device you may have! --*
> * Common sense is the collection of *
> ****** prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -- Albert Einstein ********

Thank you very much for asking back. It is Linux 2.2.12, just as delivered
with RedHat 6.1 distribution.

I issued a tar cf /dev/st0 /usr and a tar tvf /dev/st0 twice, and they both
worked twice, using the version of tar, GNU tar 1.13.11, which was delivered
with RedHat 6.1.

Sorry for forgetting the version info.

Best regards,
Reinhold Huber