Re: RAID1 broken 2.2.12 -> 2.2.16??

From: Rob Landley (landley@flash.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:35:08 EST

>One interesting thing of note is the md driver version went from
0.90.0
>in 2.2.12 _down_ to 0.36.6 in 2.2.16!

Just a guess, but your 2.2.12 kernel wouldn't happen to be the one that
came with Red Hat 6.1 by any chance?

Red Hat fairly extensively patches the kernels it ships (including the
source tree on its CD). Among other things, it includes the newer RAID
stuff. I believe several other vendors (not just the Red Hat and
derivatives) also customize their shipped kernels a bit. (Wouldn't be
completely shocked if Ingo's latency stuff shows up in a distribution.
:)

Trying getting the 0.90.0 patch for 2.2.16 and applying it. I don't
mess with it personally, but this might help:

http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/drivers/drives/raid/Software-RAID-HOWTO-1.html

Rob