Re: [report of:] Re: MDA video detection request.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 10:11:48 EST

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, James Simmons wrote:

> Here is a patch developed by Matan that correctly detects if a mda card is
> really presents. It works for millienium card and he tested on a few
> others cards with sucess. Please test it on as many cards as possible to
> make sure it fixes the reported problems. Thank you.

There are two things that need testing:
1- If there is a vga card and no mda, does the mdacon driver really not
   detect an mda card.
2- If on mda card, the tests do not "mess up the cursor" as Edward Betts
   reports on the original tests (which I changed a little).

Any report should include the exact type of vga card or mda card (if can
be said).

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org