Re: Showstoppers? Maybe. [lp/rtl8139/mouse]

From: volodya@mindspring.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 09:59:08 EST

In my case the ps/2 mouse is just plain broken. (2.4.0-test2)
I have Inspiron 5000 with synaptics touchpad.. gpm gets _lots_
of invalid data so in X the mouse freezes periodically. Interestingly
enough at some point this behaviour was freezing the machine. I think this
has something to do with enormous amount of data passed to syslogd..
(or perhaps ps/2 bus trying to recover..)

                        Vladimir Dergachev
PS and yes, I have the latest version of gpm, I did recompile it and I
looked into driver's source - zero comments about any changes made to
psaux device.