Re: 2.2.16 locked up (VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for ... )

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 06:18:13 EST

> I don't think this is a kernel issue but I'm also finding this message
> in my log every 10 min. (Linus-2.2.16) I assumed this was a bind configure
> problem perhaps brought on by using linuxconf but now I'm not so sure as
> I can see no problem. Any ideas where I should look?

This looks like an inetd configure problem. Make sure you use the
right combination of flags and wait mode. E.g. for pidentd you should
either have

ident stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/identd identd -i
or
ident stream tcp wait nobody /usr/sbin/identd identd -w
                        ^^^^ ^^^

in /etc/inetd.conf. Also make sure you don't have both an ident line
in inetd.conf and a standalone identd running (e.g. /etc/init.d/identd).

Olaf