Re: Want to help with NTFS

From: Steve Dodd (steved@loth.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 10:20:05 EST

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 03:00:53PM -0600, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> There are several folks working on it. Anton (I cannot spell his last
> name) and Steve Dood are currently doing most of the work.

I'll have to confess here: I haven't managed to do much at all in over a
year :-( The last thing I was looking at in the current driver was the
directory handling, and after a while all the
NTFS_PUTU32(foo+0x<magic number>, ...) stuff really fried my brain. I did
start some new code a while back which actually used structs to
represent the on-disk structures ;-) and was supposed to play nicely with the
page cache. But I never got very far with it.