Re: 2.4.0-test3-pre2 seems good

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 05:22:52 EST

>>>>> "tigran" == Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com> writes:

tigran> Hi,
tigran> are you sure it even boots? I was not able to boot any kernels after
tigran> 2.4.0-test1-ac18 (but I only tried all non-ac kernels since then) because
tigran> VM seems to be completely broken so, for example, shared libraries cannot
tigran> be mapped.

tigran> the machine is a plain 2xPIII550MHz SMP 512M RAM.

The VM subsystem is not in his best shape in normal kernel, but it
_boots_ and works. It works bad in high load, but it works. If it
doesn't boot for you, I am interested in your configuration.

Here a 2xCeleron466Mhz 128MB RAM.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy