Re: Serious problems with test2-pre11

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 10:09:31 EST

>From a previous message--------------------------------------------
>>>>> "Rui" == Rui Sousa <rsousa@grad.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:

   Rui> hda: irq timeout: status = 0x58 {...}

   Me too. On both my systems I had serious problems with hda. I saw the
   message above on one of them. After which the file system was
corrupted.
   On the other I had hda timeouts after which the system hung. Luckily
fsck
   didn't show any error on this one.

I'm seeing similar with test2-pre11. Nothing in the logs, nothing
interesting on the screen except "hda: lost interrupt" messages.
Alt-SysRq-T shows processes run normally until they have to access the
disk, then they get stuck in "D" state. I was running pine, slrn, and
l3dec at the time in addition to "normal" sytem tasks.