Re: Multiple PCI busses (WAS:Re: performance downgrade on PowerPC)

From: Jeff Wiedemeier (Jeff.Wiedemeier@compaq.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 13:19:26 EST

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40@calva.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2000, David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com> wrote:
> >Which syscalls are these? As a temporary solution I may wish to
> >do the same for sparc64 to get some of the PCI drivers to work
> >quickly.
>
> Look at arch/alpha/kernel/bios32.c, for those, at least in a 2.2.x.
> (Sorry, I don't have the details at hand right now, I can send you more
> tonight). I didn't yet look at 2.4, I'll do so when I'm back.
> I simplified them slightly for PPC (no need for sparse stuffs).

In 2.4* look at arch/alpha/kernel/pci.c. I'm currently working on X
support for the previously mentioned Alpha chipset which supports AGP
as a separate hose. I currently have XFree86 displaying to video cards
on any of the 4 hoses in this system.

At this point, I'm using an extended version of the iobase syscall to
support the additional lookups I need and am doing bus->host host->bus
translations (within XFree86) to make sure that X sees the hoses as
separate address spaces (no address conflicts across hoses) and sends
I/O out the right hose.

/jeff