Hang during boot with IDE Zip drive.

From: Jeremy Beker (jbeker@3gi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 12:05:43 EST

Hello All,

        This is an issue that I have reported before, but is still hapening,
so I wanted to put it on the table again
         I have a Dell branded *IDE* (not ATAPI) zip drive in my
computer. In kernels > 2.2.14 (including 2.2.16) and in every 2.3
kernels I have tested, when the kernel gets to the partition check
stage, it just gets an endless loop of "lost interrupt" messages for hdd
(my zip).
        The only way around the problem is to append "hdd=noprobe" to the
kernel. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Beker, Technical Manager
Research & Development, 3-G International