Re: Netlink MTU

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 11:26:31 EST

Hello!

> skb = sock_rmalloc(sk, NLMSG_GOODSIZE, 0, GFP_KERNEL);

This code is used only for fragmented messages. You are unlikely to use
fragmentation, it is good only to dump large amounts of data of size
unknown forward.

You may feed messages of any size to netlink.

> #define NLMSG_GOODSIZE (PAGE_SIZE - ((sizeof(struct sk_buff)+0xF)&~0xF))

Wow! This is sort of out of date. 8)

> PAGE_SIZE. I'd like to see that restriction removed, but I don't know if
> this is possible or perhaps dangerous?

No, it is not limited from kernel side at all.

>From user side it should be limited by sndbuf. It is not and I have fixed
it one second ago.

Alexey