Difficulties with keyboard driver: pc_keyb: controller jamming (0xFF).

From: Tom Grant (tgrant@one.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 19:54:16 EST

To those who may help:

I am a newbie when it comes to Linux in the first place. I've run Redhat 6.0 briefly in the past on a Dell Latitude laptop without major difficulties. I am now to the point I want to run it full-time and learn more. I'm attempting to install Redhat 6.2 onto a custom built machine. It consists of a SuperMicro motherboard, Pentium 233/MMX and 64mb of RAM. Upon the launch of setup I am getting the following error, repeated over many times:

    pc_keyb: controller jamming (0xFF).

After it repeats over many times and then times out. At which point it continues setup, probes for mouse, gets to the point where you select your language and there is no keyboard response.

I've tested multiple keyboards, older and newer. At NO point the BIOS reports any keyboard errors and I AM able to enter BIOS setup showing that the keyboard does work. This hardware HAS worked previously with Microsoft Windows 98.

ANY help would be appreciated, thank you.