Re: 2.2.14/APM: Thinkpad 560 can suspend/hibernate only once

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 17:29:15 EST

> This is not just a problem with thinkpads, this is a problem with
> 3com. I've received16 emails from people with non-ibm laptops
> (mostly toshiba, dell, and gateway) telling me that they have the
> exact same problem with 3com cards of virtually every "Megahertz"
> flavor (nics, modems, nicmodems under windows, etc) available.

I still don't believe it is a 3Com issue. Now you're talking about a
bunch of completely unrelated sorts of cards, with unrelated drivers.
Perhaps you are just observing that 3Com cards are popular, so many
people with APM+PCMCIA problems have them with 3Com cards.

I have good reason to think it is not a 3Com issue, because I have
copies of almost every 3Com PCMCIA card that has ever been made, and
I've tested them on several laptops. And I developed these drivers,
and I know from first principles that no PCMCIA card, no matter how
quirky, should be able to interfere with an APM suspend. So these
problems have to either be with APM or with the core PCMCIA support,
not with the 3Com cards or drivers.

-- Dave