Re: Module debugging using kgdb

From: Dave Grothe (dave@gcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 13:42:49 EST

Amit:

There is a 2.4.0 version of kgdb on our ftp site:
ftp://ftp.gcom.com/pub/linux/src/kgdb. I mirrored your version of gdb
and loadmodule.sh there.

Have a look at the README file and see if I go it right. If not, send
me some corrections and I will update it.

Does your version of gdb solve the global variable problem?

I noticed that Edouard Parmelan had some changes for the module loading
gdb macros that allows one to pass in alignment information. I have
been using these to good effect -- breakpoints and single stepping work
correctly if the alignment is right. But, of course, his macros still
leave the global variable accessing problem unsolved. I have
incorporated his latest into this release of kgdb.

-- Dave