Quick fix to iopener problems

From: Brian Martin (indyz@megsinet.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 13:08:24 EST

Yes, it appears the SanDisk is the cause of all of our headaches.
First, follow these copy and pasted instructions:

*In the file: /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/ide.c
*find the function: int drive_is_flashcard( ide_drive_t *drive ).
*Next, locate the line that has the ident string: "SunDisk SDCFB"
*and copy it to the next line (i.e. duplicate it).
*In the copy, change the word "SunDisk" to "SanDisk".
*(You need both a SunDisk entry and a SanDisk entry.)

This may not be necessary, but probably will not hurt. The logic is
that SunDisk changed it's name to SanDisk, and they also changed it in
the ID strings in their hardware. If anybody wants to test if this is
actually necessary, please report back to the newsgroup with your
results.

Now, pass the kernel option hdb=noprobe. That's it.

I would like to remind everybody that this has only been tested on one
computer, by one person, who does not claim to be an expert by any
means.

--
Brian Martin