Pseudo socket/port ACL patch

From: Anthony D. Urso (anthonyu-lnx@killa.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 05:09:25 EST

Attached is a patch for 2.3.99-pre9 that may be ready for prime-time. If
not, please let me know why.

I doubt it's the first of its kind, but I don't know of any others.

In summary, it allows root to delegate permissions to do rootly networking
things to unprivileged users in order to prevent potential security
problems inherent in having applications running as root or setuid root.

I think it's useful even in combination with the similar capabilities...

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

--
 Au

PGP Key ID: 0x385B44CB Fingerprint: 9E9E B116 DB2C D734 C090 E72F 43A0 95C4 385B 44CB lottery(n): A tax on people who are bad at math.