Re: Apparent IDE troubles

From: Jonafun (jdisher@doyle.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 14:36:15 EST

The question is, what changed so violently from 2.2.x to 2.3.x that broke
IDE in this fashion? And IIRC, earlier 2.3.x kernels (like below 41 or
something) work with IDE devices on the iOpener. Mine is on the other
side of the country, so I can't play with it right now, and I dont have
another 2.5" IDE disk here.

I'm torn between whether I want IDE, or want USB that works. Under 2.2.12
with the patches from scyld.com, the machine hangs -hard- when I transfer
large amounts of data over the NIC. For some odd reason, ftp'ing over a
PPP through a masq router is fine, but ftp'ing -to- that router hangs the
box. And occasionally, NFS works without hanging. It's just all odd.

All I can say is croikey.

-j