Re: Floppy handling

From: Michael Meding (Michael@meding.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 11:40:27 EST

Hi Chris,

you wrote:
> people who would rather have their floppy drive automounted than be able to
> run their system remotely.
>
> If anyone can think of other problems and potential solutions which have
> been rejected because the kernel can't assume just one user is logged in,
> please let me know.

First of all the thing is that even the so userfriendly mac requires
mounting and unmounting of floppydrives.
Second is that imho and asfaik recent distributions rather well include
icons which you simply click on for mounting and right click for
unmounting.
I havent mounted a cdrom for that matter in months by hand, just did it
by using the nice icons on the desktop :-))

I do not think it is that big of a problem. And of course Alans software
raid solutions wouldn't work as nice any longer ;-).

Just my 2c.

Best regards

Michael Meding